Tampa - St. Petersburg
To Tampa From...
Driving distance quotes are in miles and
are estimates. Your mileage may vary.
Below are some facts about Tampa - St. Petersburg and some valuable links about the area. Follow the links to
learn more about the Tampa - St. Petersburg area and to help plan your trip to Tampa - St. Petersburg!
Other Tampa - St. Petersburg Information Sites
Tampa - St. Petersburg Facts & Statistics
- The Tampa - St. Petersburg area enjoys beautiful weather year round with gentle bay breezes and lots of sunshine. The summer can be quite balmy with quick afternoon showers. In the spring and fall the days are warm with the nights cooling down in the 70's.
Jan: 69-50 Fahrenheit/21-10 Celsius; Feb: 71-51 F/22-11 C; Mar: 76-56 F/24-13 C; Apr: 81-60 F/27-16 C; May: 87-67 F/31-19 C; Jun: 89-72 F/32-22 C; Jul: 90-74 F/32-23 C; Aug: 90-74 F/32-23 C; Sep: 89-72 F/32-22 C; Oct: 84-65 F/29-18 C; Nov: 77-57 F/25-14 C; Dec: 72-52 F/22-11 C.
- The Tampa - St. Petersburg area is home to approximately 304,000 residents.
- Area Geography
- The Tampa - St. Petersburg area is located in the middle of the state on Florida's beautiful west coast, between St. Petersburg and Clearwater.
- County Government
- Tampa is served by a mayor and seven council members. Districts 1, 2, and 3 are elected by the Tampa voters at large and districts 4, 5, 6, and 7 are elected by the voters of their respective districts. Each official serves a 4-year term.
- Important Numbers
- Emergency Numbers: Dial 911 for police and medical emergencies. Tampa Police Department (non-emergency): 813-276-3200. Tampa Fire Rescue (non-emergency): 813-274-7011.
- Telephone Codes
- The Tampa - St. Petersburg area codes are 813 and 727, respectively.
- Time Zone
- Eastern Standard Time (EST), five hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Daylight Saving Time is observed from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October.
- Electrical Current
- Electrical devices here run on 110/115 volt, 60-cycle current. International visitors therefore may need to use adapters or converters.
- US Dollar ($). Numerous money exchanges are available. Most major airports, various banks and American Express offices are available to exchange foreign currency.
MetroGuide.com, Inc. |
Terms and Conditions
HotelGuide and HotelGuide Tampa - St. Petersburg are service marks of MetroGuide.com, Inc.
HotelGuide Network is a registered service mark of MetroGuide.com, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To contact us at MetroGuide: Click Here.